Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry
Professor of Chemistry, Peking University
NATIONALITY & SEX：Chinese；Male
ADDRESS：Institute of Analytical Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, P. R. CHINA
Dr. Huwei Liu graduated with a BA degree in 1982, and PhD in 1990 from Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China, then he joined Peking University. His research work focuses on bioseparation and detection, including fundamentals and applications of chromatographic and electrophoretic separation techniques, as well as hyphenated methods such as LC/MS and CE/MS. The application areas cover pharmaceutical analysis, plan hormone detection, proteomics and lipidomics analysis. He is the author and co-author of more than 240 original research papers, several reviews and chapter contributions of the edited books. He is currently a member of Chinese Chemical Society and American Chemical Society, a vice president of China Mass Spectrometry Society, Beijing Chromatography Society. He also serves as an associate editor of Journal of Separation Science and Journal of Instrumental Analysis (in Chinese), an executive editor of Chinese Journal of Chromatography, an advisory/editorial board member for Analytical Chemistry(2013-2015), Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Chinese Journal of Chromatography, Molecules (Section Board for 'Analytical Chemistry') and other nine Chinese journals.
Bioseparation and detection, including chromatographic and electromigration techniques as well as their online coupling to mass spectrometry; pharmaceutical analysis; bioanalysis and clinical analysis.
• B.S., Beijing Institute of Technology, 1982.7
• M.S., Beijing Institute of Technology, 1987.7
• Ph.D., Beijing Institute of Technology, 1990.7.
• Lecturer, Peking University, 1990.8- 93.8
• Associate Professor, Peking University, 1993.8- 2001.8
• Professor, Peking University, 2001.8-presnet
• Exchange Scholar, University of Helsinki, Finland, 1995.9-96.7
• Visiting Scientist, Purdue University, and BioAnalytical Systems, Inc. USA, 1996.7-97.3
• Associate Editor for Journal of Separation Science (2010-)
• Member of Editorial Advisory Board for Analytical Chemistry (2003-)
• Member of Editorial Advisory Board for Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (2008-).
• Member of Editorial Advisory Board for more than ten Chinese journals.
• Associate Editor for Analytical Instruments (in Chinese) (2009-).
Selected Publications (2012-2017)：
- Yang L, Lv P, Ai WP, Li LN, Shen SS, Nie HG, Shan YB, Bai Y, Huang YN*, Liu HW*, Lipidomic analysis of plasma in patients with lacunar infarction using normal-phase/reversed-phase two-dimensional liquid chromatography–quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry, Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2017, 409, 3211-3222
- Li XJ, Wang X, Ma W, Ai WP, Bai Y, Ding L*, Liu HW*, Fast analysis of glycosides based on HKUST-1-coated monolith solid-phase microextraction and direct analysis in real-time mass spectrometry, J. Sep. Sci., 2017, 40, 1589-1596
- Li LN, Shen SS, Lin R, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Rapid and Specific Luminescent Sensing of Cu(II) Ion with Porphyrinic Metal-Organic Framework, Rapid and Specific Luminescent Sensing of Cu(II) Ion with Porphyrinic Metal-Organic Framework, Chem. Comm., 2017, 53, 9986-9989
- Li Z, Zhang JL, Zhang YD, Bai Y, Liu HW*, New strategy for further improving the detection sensitivity of direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry, J. Anal. Test., 2017, 1: 1-6
- 刘虎威*，白玉, 脂质组学及其分析方法, 色谱，2017，35, 86-90
- Shen SS, Yang L, Li LN, Cai C*, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Plasma lipidomics reveals perturbed lipid metabolism and identifies potential lipid biomarkers of human colorectal cancer Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, J. Chromatogr. B, 2017, 1068–1069, 41-48
- Qi XY, Chang Z, Zhang D, Binder KJ, Shen SS, Huang YYS, Bai Y, Wheatley AEH,* Liu HW*, Harnessing Surface-Functionalized Metal−Organic Frameworks for Selective Tumor Cell Capture, Chem. Mater., 2017, 29, 8052-8056
- Yang L, Bai Y, Han XH, Shi YK, Liu HW*，Lipidomic analysis of plasma in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, J. Anal. Test., 2017, 1, 223-232
- Li M, Yang L, Huang YN, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Sphingolipids profiling of plasma in patients with diabetes mellitus associated with atherosclerosis by a novel normal-phase UPLC-QToF MS method, J. Anal. Test., 2017, 1: 245-254
- 张一丁，徐姝婷，白玉，刘虎威*, 表面等离子体共振-质谱联用技术研究进展, 分析科学学报，2017, 33(5): 691-699
- 赵先恩, 白玉, 刘虎威*, 基于化学衍生化的靶向脂质组学质谱分析研究进展, 中国科学：化学》 SCIENTIA SINICA Chimica 10.1360/N032017-00121
- Zhang Y, Xu ST, Wen LH, Bai Y*, Niu L, Song DQ, and Liu HW*, Dielectric barrier discharge ionization based interface for online coupling surface plasmon resonance with mass spectrometry, Analyst, 2016, 141, 3343–3348
- Yang L, Li M, Shan YB, Shen SS, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Recent advances in lipidomics for disease research, 1Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, J. Sep. Sci., 2016, 39, 38–50.
- Zhang YD, Xu ST, Wen LH, Bai Y*, Niu L, Song DQ, Liu HW*, Dielectric barrier discharge ionization based interface for online coupling surface plasmon resonance with mass spectrometry, Analyst, 2016, 141, 3343–3348
- Li XJ, Li Z, Wang X, Nie HG, Zhang YD, Bai Y*, Liu HW*, Monolith dip-it: a bifunctional device for improving the sensitivity of direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry, Analyst，2016, 141, 4947-4952
- Li LN, Zhang YD, Li XJ, Shen SS, Huang HX, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Study on the interaction of uranyl with sulfated beta-cyclodextrin by affinity capillary electrophoresis and molecular dynamics simulation, Electrophoresis, 2016, 37, 2567–2573
- Qi XY, Chen L, Zhang CQ, Xu XY, Zhang YD, Bai Y*, Liu HW*, NiCoMnO4: A Bifunctional Affinity Probe for Histagged Protein Purification and Phosphorylation Sites Recognition, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 18675-18683
- Qi XY, Chang CL, Xu XY, Zhang YD, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Magnetization of 3D Homochiral MOFs for Efficient and Highly Selective Capture of Phosphopeptides, J. Chromatogr. A, 2016, 1468, 49–54
- Xu ST, Zhang YD, Xu LN, Bai Y*, Liu HW*, Online Coupling Techniques in Ambient Mass Spectrometry, Analyst, 2016, 141, 5913-5921
- Zhang YD, Ai WP, Bai Y*, Zhou YL, Wen LH, Zhang XX, Liu HW* An interface for online coupling capillary electrophoresis to dielectric barrier discharge ionization mass spectrometry, 1Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2016, 408, 8655-8661
- Li LN, Ma W, Shen SS, Huang HX, Bai Y, Liu HW*, A combined experimental and theoretical study on the extraction of uranium by amino-derived metal-organic frameworks through post-synthetic strategy, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 31032-31041
- Chag CL, Qi XY, Zhang JW, Qiu YM, Li XJ, Wang X, Bai Y, Sun JL, Liu HW*, Facile synthesis of magnetic homochiral metal-organic frameworks for "enantioselective fishing'', Chem. Comm., 2015, 51, 3566 - 3569
- Wang X, Li XJ, Bai Y*, Liu HW*, Just dip it: Just dip it: online coupling of “Dip-I” polymer monolith microextraction with plasma assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry, Chem. Comm., 2015, 51, 4615-4618
- Yang L, Cui XG, Zhang NN, Li M, Bai Y, Han XH, Shi YK*, Liu HW*, Comprehensive lipid profiling of plasma in patients with benign breast tumor and breast cancer reveals novel biomarkers, Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2015, 407, 5065–5077
- Zhang ZX, Bo T, Bai Y, Ye M, An R, Cheng FF, Liu HW*Quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry: powerful tool for demystifying traditional Chinese medicine, TrAC, 2015, 72, 169–180
- Zhang YD, Li LN, Huang HX, Xu LN, Li Z, Bai Y and Liu HW*, Binding constant determination of uranyl-citrate complex by ACE using a multi-injection method, Electrophoresis, 2015, 36, 1033–1039
- Zhang YD, Li XJ, Nie HG, Yang L, Li Z, Bai Y*, Niu L, Song DQ, Liu HW*, An Interface for On-line Coupling of Surface Plasmon Resonance to Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry, Anal. Chem.,2015,87(13), 6505–6509
- Weng R, Shen SS, Yang L, Li M, Tian YL, Bai Y* and Liu HW*, Lipidomic analysis of p-chlorophenylalanine-treated mice using continuous-flow two-dimensional liquid chromatography/quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry, Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., 2015, 29,1491-500
- Li M, Yang L, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Analytical methods in lipidomics and their applications, Anal. Chem., 2014, 86, 161-175
- Li XJ, Xing JW, Chang CL, Wang X, Bai Y, Yan XP and Liu HW*, Solid-phase extraction with the metal-organic framework MIL-101(Cr) combined with direct analysis in real time mass spectrometry for the fast analysis of triazine herbicides, J. Sep. Sci., 2014, 37, 1489-1495
- Wang X, Li XJ, Li Z, Zhang YD, Bai Yi and Liu HW*, Online Coupling of In-tube Solid Phase Microextraction with Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry for Rapid Determination of Triazine Herbicides by Using Polymer Monolith Incorporated with Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes, Anal. Chem., 2014, 86, 4739−4747
- Bai Y, Chang CL, Du FY, Tan ZL, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Combination of dynamic pH junction with capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry for the determination of systemins in plant samples, Electrophoresis, 2014, 35, 1984-1988
- Li XJ, Chang CL, Wang X, Bai Y and Liu HW*, Applications of homochiral metal-organic frameworks in enantioselective adsorption and chromatography separation, Electrophoresis, 2014, 35, 2733-2743
- Pang NN, Bai Y, Zhou Y, Yang X, Zhang ZX, Nie HG, Fu XF, Liu HW*, Rapid and subnanomolar assay of recombinant human erythropoietin by capillary electrophoresis using NanoOrange precolumn labeling and laser-induced fluorescence detection, J. Sep. Sci., 2014, 37, 2233-2238
- Liu YQ, Zhang JL, Nie HG, Dong CX, Li Z, Zhang ZG, Bai Y, Liu HW* and Zhang JD*, Study on Variation of Lipids during Different Growth Phases of Living Cyanobacteria Using Easy Ambient Sonic-Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry, Anal. Chem., 2014, 86, 7096-7102
- Li Z, Zhang YW, Xin YL, Bai Y*, Zhou HH, Liu HW*，Lithium-rich composite metal oxide used as SALDI-MS matrix for the determination of small biomolecules, Chem, Comm., 2014, 50 (97),15397-15399
- Li M, Tang XL, Lv Pm Fang BS, Yang L, Wu Z, Cui XG, Bai Y, Huang YN* and Liu HW*，A not-stop-flow online normal-/reversed-phase two-dimensional liquid chromatography-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry method for comprehensive lipid profiling of human plasma from atherosclerosis patients, J. Chromatogr. A, 2014, 1372, 110-119
- Li LP, Zheng T, Xu LN, Li Z, Sun LD, Nie ZX, Bai Y*, Liu, HW*, SnO2-ZnSn(OH)(6): a novel binary affinity probe for global phosphopeptide detection. Chem. Comm., 2013 ,49 ,1762-1764.
- Chang CL, Xu GG, Bai Y*, Zhang CS, Li XJ, Li M, Liu Y, Liu HW*, Online Coupling of Capillary Electrophoresis with Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. Anal. Chem., 2013, 8, 170-176.
- Wang X, Ma Q, Li M, Chang CL, Bai Y, Feng YQ, Liu HW*, Automated and sensitive analysis of 28-epihomobrassinolide in Arabidopsis thaliana by on-line polymer monolith microextraction coupled to liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A, 2013, 1371, 121-128.
- Chang CL, Li XJ, Bai Y*, Xu GG, Feng BS, Liao YP, Liu HW*, Graphene matrix for signal enhancement in ambient plasma assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry, Talanta, 2013, 114, 54-59.
- Li M, Feng BS, Liang Y, Zhang W, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Lipid profiling of human plasma from peritoneal dialysis patients using an improved 2D (NP/RP) LC-QToF MS method. Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2013, 405,6629–6638
- Chang CL, Wang X, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Applications of nanomaterials in enantioseparation and related techniques. TrAC-Trends in Anal. Chem., 2012, 39, 195-206.
- Zhang JL, Li Z, Zhang CS, Feng BS, Zhou ZG, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Graphite-Coated Paper as Substrate for High Sensitivity Analysis in Ambient Surface-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry. Anal. Chem., 2012, 84, 3296-3301.
- Han YH, Zhou ZG, Wu HL, Nie HG, Lei R, Bai Y, Liu HW*, Simultaneous determination of jasmonic acid epimers as phytohormones by chiral liquid chromatography-quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry and their epimerization study, J. Chromatogr. A, 012, 1235, 125-131.
- Zhou ZG, Yang YY, Zhang JL, Zhang ZX, Bai Y, Liao YP, Liu HW*, Ion-exchange-membrane-based enzyme micro-reactor coupled online with liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry for protein analysis. Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2012, 403, 239-246.
- Chang CL, Zhou ZG, Yang YY, Han YH, Bai Y, Zhao MP, Liu HW*, Normal phase LC coupled with direct analysis in real time MS for the chiral analysis of 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanol and jasmonic acid . Electrophoresis. 2012,33,3387-3393
- Zhou ZG, Zhang ZL, Xing JW, Bai Y, Liao YP, Liu HW*, Membrane-Based Continuous Remover of Trifluoroacetic Acid in Mobile Phase for LC-ESI-MS Analysis of Small Molecules and Proteins. J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 2012, 23,1289-1292
Updated on Fab. 10,2018